“A slick fanpage is the ultimate place to showcase your talent and show fans and potential collaborators that you take your career seriously.” - us!
Many artists prefer to use custom domain names for their websites. Not only does it build credibility with your followers by providing them with a professional branded and unique URL (one they can easily remember and share!) it will also help improve your search engine rankings, making people more likely to find you.
You can purchase a domain name from loads of different providers but we recommend using GoDaddy and have put together this article with them in mind, but the majority of providers will work in a very similar way.
Step by step:
So you have purchased your domain, your site is looking great and has pulled in all of your fantastic content from your social profiles. Now to get the customer domain live and launch your fanpage!
1. Go to the marketing tab on Beatchain and enter in the customer domain.
2. Login into the account you have with your domain provider.
3. Find your domain management section.
4. Add a new A record with the following details and save it:
TTL: 1 hour
5. Add a second A record with the following details and save it
TTL: 1 hour
6. Save these new records. It should be like the image below.
7. That's it!
The DNS servers can take up to a day to propagate fully globally so it may take up to 24 hours before you can see the custom domains live. If you have any difficulties with this please contact us through the chat function on intercom and we can take a look for you.
Once you are up and running we recommend you check out the other tools available for marketing such as the social scheduler so you can start directing your followers to the new website and collect their email addresses.